Each year, the Boise area is treated to the sights and sounds of the Boise Music Festival, which takes place at the Expo Idaho. In 2017, the festival will be held on June 24th from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. The outdoor festival features singers and bands on multiple stages, allowing you to change between areas to enjoy the music you prefer. The festival will present artists from a variety of genres, including acoustic, pop, bluegrass, folk, country, rock, hip-hop, and alternative. To see the full line up of the artists performing and to get a festival map go to: www.boisemusicfestival.com.
This family-friendly event is in its eighth year and attracts visitors from across the Pacific Northwest. More than forty food vendors will be on-site to provide a variety of food and drink. Beer and wine vendors will be available as well. More than 100 local artists, craftsmen, and vendors will offer a variety of items for display and sale.
What to bring to the Boise Music Festival
- Tickets for everyone over 12. Children twelve and under get in free.
- Blanket or chair to sit on.
- Camera or Camera Phone
- Reusable water bottles – EMPTY – to be filled at the festival, or never opened, factory sealed bottled water.
Things NOT to Bring to the Boise Music Festival
- No professional-grade photography equipment
- No coolers or outside drink (except the water bottle exceptions noted above).
- No Pets
- No Pop-up Tents or Umbrellas
- No Laser Pointers
- No Skateboards
- No Weapons
- No Illegal Substances
- No alcohol consumption by anyone under 21.
- No smoking, except in designated smoking areas.
Kid’s Area at the Boise Music Festival
Inside one of the Expo buildings, you will find an air-conditioned oasis for families to escape the heat and enjoy family-friendly activities and entertainment. The Music Festival will also feature carnival rides and midway games.
Parking for the Boise Music Festival
Parking is free for the festival in the Expo Idaho lots off of Chinden Boulevard and Glenwood Avenue. The Boise Music Festival website suggests taking State Street to Glenwood Avenue, as Chinden Boulevard can be very busy during this time.
Boise Music Festival Location
5610 North Glenwood
Garden City, ID 83714